I have a samsung galaxy admire 2 and I cant remember my home wifi password
    02-23-2015 02:10 PM
    If you synced your Settings to your Google account, adding that account to your phone should automatically save the network and credentials to your phone, but there's no way to 'decrypt' that information (as in, you can't see the actual password in plain text).

If this is a service provider modem, they should be able to help you recover your password. If it's a commercial modem, you should refer to the manual for the -default- password and just reset it. It will lose any configuration though, and might even start in open mode instead of password-protected.
    02-23-2015 03:12 PM
    Reset the router and you can set it up again.

First, make sure you have the manual. If not, search online, download it and print the relevant parts (connecting to it and setting it up - not all routers get connected to at the .1 address.).

Press the reset button (and keep it pressed throughout this whole procedure). Wait 30 seconds (by the clock, don't guess). Pull the power connector out. Wait another 30 seconds. Plug the power in. Wait another 30 seconds. Release the reset button. (This is called 30-30-30 for obvious reasons, and it resets almost every router to out-of-the-box state.)

Now use a browser to connect to the router, follow the instructions for setting it up, write the password on a piece of paper and tape the paper to the bottom of the router. (If anyone is close enough to turn the router over to get the password, he's close enough to do a 30-30-30 and lock you out of the router too.)
    02-23-2015 03:19 PM