There are so many things wrong with this phone, For example:

Why can i rename a group of widgets but not individual ones?

Why is it that when I have 3 accounts active and I only sync the contacts from one of them that I get all the contacts from all accounts displayed?

What is the deal with the colored circles? Why cant I edit them (associate particular colors with people) , why cant I remove them.

Why cant I simply see my photos on my phone without "sharing " them with a Google server.

How do you mark an email as "unread"

Why would I need to "root" my phone, just cause its a piece of crap? Isn't it supposed to work?

IT is an unmitigated FAILURE as a phone, I mean really who puts the power button where your hand would hold the phone when making a phone call. I mean really its supposed to be a "phone" isnt it? I guess if you NEVER use it as a phone then the buttons are in the right place.

NEXUS 6 = JUNK
    rahatbambah98 likes this.
    02-23-2015 02:24 PM
    There are so many things wrong with this phone, For example:
    First, many of these things are Android, not Nexus-specific.

Why is it that when I have 3 accounts active and I only sync the contacts from one of them that I get all the contacts from all accounts displayed?
    Contact syncing syncs all your Google contacts.

Why cant I simply see my photos on my phone without "sharing " them with a Google server.
    You can. I don't have any of my pictures saved to any Google server. I do have all of them backed up, just not by using the picture sync in the Google account. (Anything not backed up to at least 2 different destinations is something you don't need. I believe it and I follow it. I still have software I wrote in 1973 backed up. But I choose what to back up, I don't let an app or OS function make the choice for me. [I backed up my entire data partition earlier today. It's on my SD card, my hard drive and a cloud server. Truck ran over my phone? Buy me a new one and I'm back in working shape in 20 minutes. Contacts, pictures, everything in one shot.])

How do you mark an email as "unread"
    Use an email app that has the capability. (Gmail, the app, is about the worst email app I've ever seen. I replaced it after a few days.) There are other email apps. (There's still no Thunderbird, but it seems that no one wants to port TB to Android.)

Why would I need to "root" my phone, just cause its a piece of crap? Isn't it supposed to work?
    Yes, and it will. Rooting simply gives you administrative rights. If you don't need them, don't root.

IT is an unmitigated FAILURE as a phone, I mean really who puts the power button where your hand would hold the phone when making a phone call. I mean really its supposed to be a "phone" isnt it? I guess if you NEVER use it as a phone then the buttons are in the right place.
    And some people love it. Everyone has different tastes. If we were all the same there would be one phone manufacturer, the phone would come out in one color, there would be one case, one carrier and one plan.

Some people prefer to play golf, I prefer to be here helping people. So is golf a bad thing? Or is being here helping people a bad thing? Or maybe, just maybe, we have to choose what we prefer.
    02-23-2015 04:48 PM