How do i organise photos in to custom albums??

amanalki

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Basicly I want to make a custom album in my photo gallery for my tattoo pictures, So I can just stick all my tattoo pictures in a separate folder on my nexus 5 . that's it...after what should of been a really simple process I finaly managed to create a folder...now it won't let me move pictures to it...can anyone explain this???
Am I missing something really simple or is it not as straight forward as it should be??

Forums....strangers helping strangers for no reason restores a little faith in humanity...how things should be

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The best way is to use a file manager app (like ES File Explorer or Total Commander), and create a directory (let's call it Tattoos) in either the Pictures directory or the /DCIM/Camera/ directory. It doesn't really matter where you create it--the Photos app will detect any image in any folder, and show the album with the directory's name as its title.

Once you've created the Tattoos directory, move all of your tattoo photos to that directory. You could use either the file manager app or Windows Explorer (while plugged into your computer via USB).

Now open Photos, swipe in from the left, and tap On Device. This will show you all images on your device, organized by directory. You should see the Tattoos directory as a separate group now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12