I have a S3 ATT model. Just got it, plugged it in and let it charge to about 60% then unplugged charger and did a hard reset using the volume up, home and power buttons. I selected the erase all/ restore factory settings option. It did that fine. Then I selected reboot now and the phone just shut off. Won't power on at all, won't charge. I pulled battery for a few minutes and tried to turn on-nothing, plugged in charger-nothing. An help is greatly appreciated.
    02-23-2015 08:47 PM
    If you erase all, there's nothing to boot to - you erased it. Now you'll have to install the ROM again. Go to SamMobile Firmwares, find the ROM for your model S3 (and your country/carrier), install Odin on your computer, install the SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones, unzip the file you downloaded from SamMobile to the folder Odin installed to.

Click each button on the right side of Odin and load the appropriate file (the APxxx file in the AP slot, the BLxxx file in the BL slot, etc.) Start the phone by pressing Volume Down+Home+Power, choose to download, plug the phone into the computer. After a few seconds, Odin should show a COM number at the top (it doesn't matter what number). Press Start and wait for Odin to reboot the phone.

Factory reset deletes anything you put on the phone, erase all erases everything, including Android.
    02-23-2015 11:07 PM