When I try to get facebook on my HTC I get the message that Facebook is no longer supported. How can I upgrade Facebook
    02-24-2015 12:29 PM
    If your device hasn't been added to the compatible list of a certain app, there's really no way of installing it from the Play Store. You could try sideloading (installing from '3rd party' stores), and there you have a couple options:
    1) Amazon Appstore. Sometimes the device compatibility is not updated on Amazon, so it might be possible to get the app from there. The 'plus' of this is that Amazon will let you know if there's an update, just like the Play Store.
    2) Find the current Facebook version's APK file and manually install it. Just remember, if your device was taken off the compatible list, there's gotta be a reason for it. Installing the file manually MIGHT work, but I doubt it'll be bug-free. This method, also, doesn't notify you of or auto-installs any updates.
    3) Find a previous Facebook version's APK file and manually install it. This means that you should find the last version that listed your device as compatible. Again, this method will not let you auto-update.
    02-24-2015 12:34 PM
    Another option, and one that loses you surprisingly little functionality in my experience, is to simply go to https://m.facebook.com on your phone's web browser and use their mobile site.

Understand that I'm a very casual Facebook user, I'm more into G+, so my "surprisingly little" functionality loss might be more to you. You lose notifications, contact integration, "share to" uploading of photos, etc. Facebook just becomes a web page with no interaction with your phone in any other way.

It's nowhere near the same as the real app experience, but it gets the job done pretty effectively, at least for my use (checking friend's statuses every day or two, uploading the occasional photo, etc).
    02-24-2015 02:52 PM
    Oh, and of course there are 3rd party Facebook apps (I've used FriendCaster before), which might still be compatible with your device.
    02-24-2015 02:56 PM