Why does my Google Play store keep crashing?

A

AC Question

Google Play Icon Missing & Keeps Crashing

My husband has a Huawei android phone model H881C running Android version 4.0.4. He was having problems with Google sync & Google Play.

I tried fixing the issue with some advice I found online, but now the Google Play store keeps crashing with the following error message, "Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped". The Google Play icon is now missing on his phone as well.

The Google Play app is enabled. Short of a factory reset, is there a way to fix this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Play Icon Missing & Keeps Crashing

Welcome to Android Central! It would help to know what exactly you did to try to fix it, because that might have caused more issues. Did you disable Google Play Services? Or clear the Google Services Framework?

Go to Settings>Apps>Al, and look for Google Play Store. Is it there? If so, select it, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try opening it again.

When you say the Google Play Store icon is missing, do you mean it's missing from the homescreen, or from the App Drawer?

Dreamspinner3

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I first cleared the cache of Google Play & the Google Services Framework, but that didn't fix his issue. He was able to connect to Google Play but got an error downloading anything. So I then uninstalled the updates on Google Play & disabled it, then re enabled Google Play. Once I did that, the GP icon was missing from the homescreen. It still shows up under system settings>apps>all.

His Google account is also unable to sync at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Clearing the Google Services Framework might be the problem. Google engineers themselves have cautioned against doing this (mostly for people who are too impatient to wait for system updates to appear on their phones). I'm not sure how to fix that. You could try removing his Google account from Settings>Accounts​, then adding it back again. If that doesn't help, you might have to do a factory reset.

timothy ilnicky

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue and thought it was something wrong with my device, so I did a factory reset and lost all my stuff just to find out that its not the device, its something wrong with the latest update... I literally just did this about 10 minutes ago.. just wait for new update and hopefully that fixes it..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7