Why do I get this message Unfortunately the process android process acore has stopped?

A

AC Question

Unfortunately the process android process acore has stopped

Thank you for the replies on this topi , however, my message is appearing at the screen where I enter my pin number, I enter the pin and the message appears again and again. I can't move anywhere! I've taken out the battery and switched the phone off but to no avail!

Please, please can someone help as I'm going to throw the phone which is an s4 in the bin!!

With thanks
Mel

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately the process android process acore has stopped

Power off, then try booting into Recovery, from where you could do a cache partition wipe.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mel Smith2

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

I'm really sorry but how do I do that. I've tried the hold power, home and volume keys then I get the message about restarting os

Is that right?! Sorry to sound silly

btlew

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

After seeing a number of posts saying to clear the android contacts and contacts storage app's data and cache to no avail, I determined that by disabling the contacts storage app (under apps>all), I no longer got the error message. The next step was to find the conflicting app, I ultimately ruled out 3rd party apps since most don't boot on startup unless you configure them to and if they are active you can use an toolkit app to kill the process. I determined it was the latest update to Google Plus (nice, a Google app conflicting with it's own Google app). I then restored the Google app to it's factory issue (removed updates) and had no problem. However, you'll still get updates in Google Play if the app is active. If you don't used Google Plus, you are better off to disable it in the Applications menu or if you don't have that option on your phone "freeze" it using an app like Titanium backup. A few months back I also had an issue with the Facebook app which I later removed and just created a shortcut to the Facebook url in the Chrome browser and saved to my phone.

Rob Tyrie

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site

I found in my case this was a conflict with FB and the Contact app. Deleting contact storage did not help. Removing the FB app solved the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12