About 75% of the time I press the home button on my Galaxy S5 Active, the Google Now screen pops up - and it is the most annoying bug I've ever encountered. Even if its the quickest tap, it still won't take me home. Most of the time ill get caught in a 'Google Now loop' where it won't let me leave until about the 28th time I've hit the home button.
    All I want to do is disable the shortcut, because quite frankly having a shortcut tied to the home button is a dog $#it idea.

Going into 'Google Now' and turning it off only disables the cool features of Google Now. It brings up a blank search bar, which is just as bad.
    02-24-2015 08:33 PM
    I have the same problem with my galaxy s5 active and it makes me want to throw my phone across the room when it happens! I have looked everywhere for a solution and I can't find anything.

I have found that as it happens, restarting your phone will buy you a few more hours before it takes every slight tap as a Google now shortcut. I planned to take the phone back with hardware issues but a restart fixes it temporarily so that leads me to think it's something with a software bug...please post if you find a solution and I will do the same!
    04-16-2015 08:31 AM