I have a phone that got terribly damaged in an accident, and the entire screen-half of the phone was destroyed. Also, the power and volume buttons are now missing, as well. I know the phone's hard drive still works and powers on because I plugged it into the computer soon afterwards, and it still registered the sound of it connecting. Now the battery has died and is not removable. Can I charge and power on the phone without the buttons, and be able to plug it into my laptop and somehow retrieve the important files in the phone's hard drive from the laptop? Any advice would be very appreciated, as they are irreplaceable.
    02-24-2015 08:36 PM
    So, help us help you. Can the phone charge? Is there any way for you to tell if the phone is on or off (power, not the screen)? If so, I'd start by leaving it on a charger for a few hours. It should automatically power up when it has enough charge. Then plug it into your computer like you did before and pull whatever you need off of it like a USB stick. Was there something specific you wanted off of the phone?
    02-24-2015 09:01 PM
    I am 99% sure it charges. There is absolutely no screen at all, but I have heard the computer make the audible sound of plugging in the phone before. I am letting it sit and charge now. I don't want to trash it without getting the information on the hard drive. I try to have it save stuff to the SD card, but some of it did not get saved there, so I know it's on the phone's hard drive. I need important contacts most of all, as well as irreplaceable family pictures.
    02-24-2015 10:27 PM
    I need important contacts most of all
    Leaving aside all the inaccuracies, if the contacts were entered as Google contacts, they're at Google Contacts. If not, you can't retrieve them without a screen.

as well as irreplaceable family pictures.
    These you can retrieve from a PC.

(From now on, you're going to be backing up everything that's important, aren't you? As you put it on the phone, or as soon as you can after that?)
    02-24-2015 11:54 PM
    Thank you for the insight. I didn't know things were also saved to Google. I will have to go have a look.
    02-25-2015 02:02 PM