What happened to my pictures?

A

AC Question

help lost pictures from camera section of phone,

I thought my phone got wet, took out battery and SD card, noticed that I have no pictures showing in my camera section of the phone after putting it back together. Have SD pics and downloads, but not the ones that were on camera. Are they still there and can you help me find them. phone didn't get wet, ended up with black spot on screen. Ugh. I also found a file with a bunch of stuff in it that says I don't have an app to open them with. could these be my lost pics?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: help lost pictures from camera section of phone,

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Why did you think you got the phone wet?

Were you photos being saved to Internal Storage or to the microSD card? When you say the "camera section," do you mean the /DCIM/Camera/ directory? Use a file manager app like ES File Explorer to look directly in that directory on Internal Storage as well as on the microSD card to see if the photos are there.

If you were saving photos to the SD card, did you make sure to Unmount the card prior to removing it, in the Settings>Storage menu? If you didn't, the card can get corrupted and you can lose data. It's like removing a flash drive from your computer without Ejecting it--if it's in the middle of writing data when it's removed, files can get corrupted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc