Samsung G-386F keeps switching itself off and on again, then asks for the PIN to unlock the Sim. It does it in the middle of a call sometimes. What can I do?
    02-25-2015 10:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Samsung devices, first power down. Then power up as usual, but when you see the Samsung logo, press and hold the Menu button (or the Volume Down button--it depends on the model) until you get to the lockscreen.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem. In this situation, I would contact your provider and see if a replacement SIM card solves the problem.
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Samsung devices, first power down. Then power up as usual, but when you see the Samsung logo, press and hold the Menu button (or the Volume Down button--it depends on the model) until you get to the lockscreen.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem. In this situation, I would contact your provider and see if a replacement SIM card solves the problem.
    02-25-2015 10:12 AM