Galaxy S3 Battery Drain, Help?

A

AC Question

Okay so I've noticed that my battery drains at an average of 1% per 1.5 minutes while my screen is on with Wi-Fi. If the screen is off my battery lasts a pretty long time though. Also when my battery drops below 5% (When the screen dims) my battery life does MUCH better and averages at about 1% per 7 minutes while my screen is on with Wi-Fi. I've turned off syncing for just about every app. Recalibrated the battery too. Can anybody explain why my battery is draining so quickly when the screen is on? Because 1% per minute doesnt feel normal.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Allowing your battery to discharge so much before recharging is bad practice, and if you've been doing that routinely for a long time, the battery is probably the worse for it.
It's best to recharge while the battery still has 40-50% charge remaining. That way, the charge capacity will not diminish so much, and the battery ought to last for years, rather than months.
Rukbat's guide is helpful:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/479461-guide-my-battery-shot.html

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49