Hi, I'm in the UK and I have just been given a Nexus 7 and want to connect it to my tv (not a Smart tv) so that I can watch Netflix. I am totally useless with technology and, to make it worse, this is the first android thing that I have ever owned (yep, I'm afraid that everything before has been Apple!). Can anybody tell me if it is possible to buy leads that will allow me to connect it to the tv. If it's possible could you tell me the name of what to buy and how to do it - but I really am a technophobe and need instructions that an ***** would understand! Thanks in advance for your patience and help.
    02-25-2015 05:08 PM
    I'm sorry, but to the best of my knowledge, the Nexus 7 doesn't support video output other than wireless Screen Mirroring (for which you need either SmartTV).

HOWEVER, you can watch Netflix via Chromecast. Basically you connect the Chromecast to your TV's HDMI input, and as long as you're in the same WiFi, you'll see Netflix show the Screen Casting icon on the video you're watching. The 'beauty' of Chromecast is that it's the dongle actually doing the streaming, not your phone/tablet! So you're free to use the device for other things without disrupting the video or without having to lose battery life because of the streaming.
    02-25-2015 05:30 PM
    Thank you - I have no idea what chrome cast is but I'll get into a shop and ask if they can show me how to do what you suggest. Told you I was an *****!! Thanks again
    02-26-2015 04:21 PM
    It's a 'dongle' that you connect to your HD TV to make it 'smart'. It lets you stream content directly into the device and displayed on your TV. All you need is WiFi, the streaming content initiated from your phone, and a TV with HDMI input. And it's dirt cheap, too... 35USD, and it's not rare to see it on sales, so maybe even less (I snagged one up for my sister at 25USD from BestBuy AND with 20USD worth of credit on Google Play!)

Here, take a look at these articles.
    Chromecast | Android Central
    02-26-2015 04:38 PM