How do I get past the teamwin screen (Sprint Galaxy S3)?

Chromepcok

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Can't get past teamwin screen, sprint galaxy s3, please help

i have no OS loaded and when i try to boot into recovery it gets to teamwin screen then shuts off and starts over.
no problem getting into download mode. I've tried flashing different TWRP (2.8.5,2.8.4) versions using Odin and everything looks like it worked but still the same issue.

the issue started when i was trying to restore a backup and it failed. i could get into recovery but now i can not.

i'm getting so flustered, i just want to throw my phone.

sealy64

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't get past teamwin screen, sprint galaxy s3, please help

Are you SURE you got the TWRP Recovery image for your exact model, not some other model of S3? Also you might try unticking the reboot box in Odin and instead pull the battery after Odin flashing TWRP.

Chromepcok

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-d2spr.tar is what i was trying. i have the sprint sph-710.

seemed no matter which version i flashed though it had the same effect, just hit teamwin screen and looped. even trying to use the 2.8.4 i was using before i had any problems.
but after many failed attempts with TWRP, i finally tried a clockworkmod (recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-d2spr.tar) and it took so ii was able to boot into recovery YAY! but i really want TWRP to work because the backup i made before this started today was made with TWRP :( stuck running with none of my data except my contacts.

Chromepcok

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

i may re-try TWRP if anyone has any suggestions but im worried since, when it was working the restore backup would always fail at various points during the data part and give me bad results, most times ended up mainly clean install with some errors but never restored all of my data.

sealy64

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

i may re-try TWRP if anyone has any suggestions but im worried since, when it was working the restore backup would always fail at various points during the data part and give me bad results, most times ended up mainly clean install with some errors but never restored all of my data.

Sounds as if you had two problems: first you had the bootloop with TWRP. You now can boot normally with TWRP loaded. But the second problem: your previous backup won't restore.

Was the previous backup made with TWRP 2.8.4? Did you move the backup from the phone to your PC and then back, or was it always just in the location originally saved on your phone by 2.8.4? If the latter, that is scary because it makes one wonder whether he always can rely on a backup. Did you backup the other partitions (e.g., system) and do they restore properly? Have you always been on stock ROM, or do you have or have you had any custom ROMs somewhere along the line? Did you trying doing a factory reset and then the restore operation? Did you wipe cache and dalvik?

Chromepcok

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

i've been running CM10 and now CM 11 for a while.
well, my first mistake was i was on CM 11 M10 and tried updating to M12 without wiping..

But after that i was able to recover the backup i made with TWRP 2.8.1 or 2.8.4 i cant remember for sure which it was, but it recovered fine no problems. when i tried flashing again i ran into issues with the rom, so i tried backup again and it failed after system and part way into data. it rebooted, rom loaded, many errors and most data wasn't there. tried wiping (everything this time, from recovery as i did the others) and restoring again same problem but crashed at different point and errors came up during the restore process this time. wiped dalvik and cache and factory wiped in recovery. tried flashing clean CM 11 M10, still problems. somewhere along this process though i wiped everything again but the twrp restarted or crashed before i flashed a rom, only it wouldnt even get into recovery mode and there was no OS.

the backup was made with twrp onto SD and never moved. i did a full backup i believe? it seemed kinda large, over 3gb. system seemed to restore most times, i assume since most times the rom loaded (sometimes it bootlooped though) im not the most experienced with all this but i try to re educate myself when ever i get a new device or decide to try new roms since its always changing.

so i use odin and flash recovery in download mode to TWRP 2.8.1, 2.8.4, 2.8.5. none of them work, same problem. cant even enter recovery.
thats when i finally flashed clockworkmod and it worked like a charm. wiped and clean flashed CM 11 M12 and then decided to try some other roms since i was clean install anyway. everything has been flashing fine now with clockworkmod, i'd like my old backup back but im afraid to try TWRP again

sealy64

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site

i've been running CM10 and now CM 11 for a while.
well, my first mistake was i was on CM 11 M10 and tried updating to M12 without wiping..

But after that i was able to recover the backup i made with TWRP 2.8.1 or 2.8.4 i cant remember for sure which it was, but it recovered fine no problems. when i tried flashing again i ran into issues with the rom, so i tried backup again and it failed after system and part way into data. it rebooted, rom loaded, many errors and most data wasn't there. tried wiping (everything this time, from recovery as i did the others) and restoring again same problem but crashed at different point and errors came up during the restore process this time. wiped dalvik and cache and factory wiped in recovery. tried flashing clean CM 11 M10, still problems. somewhere along this process though i wiped everything again but the twrp restarted or crashed before i flashed a rom, only it wouldnt even get into recovery mode and there was no OS.

the backup was made with twrp onto SD and never moved. i did a full backup i believe? it seemed kinda large, over 3gb. system seemed to restore most times, i assume since most times the rom loaded (sometimes it bootlooped though) im not the most experienced with all this but i try to re educate myself when ever i get a new device or decide to try new roms since its always changing.

so i use odin and flash recovery in download mode to TWRP 2.8.1, 2.8.4, 2.8.5. none of them work, same problem. cant even enter recovery.
thats when i finally flashed clockworkmod and it worked like a charm. wiped and clean flashed CM 11 M12 and then decided to try some other roms since i was clean install anyway. everything has been flashing fine now with clockworkmod, i'd like my old backup back but im afraid to try TWRP again

Very odd. Not sure I can help you with that set of symptoms. I have the AT&T version of the s2 and s3 and have been playing with ROMs for about six months. I have used TWRP recovery throughout. I did have one bad backup, way back when I was first starting, but I was so new at the time I think I probably did something wrong. Are you brave enough to try to load TWRP again, just to see whether you can boot into it? I guess there's always some risk when you are loading a recovery or a ROM, but I would think/hope that, even if TWRP did not work, you still could get in download mode and put CWM back. Swapping back and forth between recoveries should not affect your ROM, data, etc.

Chromepcok

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

Sorry for the delayed response, but yea I think I'll try it again here in a day or 2 once my new phone comes in and I don't have to rely on this one for daily use anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair