So I have never seen anything like this before, please help!

I'm at the store today and all of a sudden by phone just turns off. (It was at 7% when it just went off out of nowhere)

I go home and plug it in the wall and I get the green charging symbol. I just back later and it says your phone is upgrading. So I assume a system update is going on.

When I take it off the charger, that is where the chaos begins. I can only text and make/receive calls. The phone shows 4G at the top, with full signal bars but cannot go online. None of my apps work and when I try to take a picture and then click the gallery, I get a no images/videos available message.

Here is a crazy part: When I restart the phone, on the loading screen appears, a small picture of an unlocked lock appears with the word CUSTOM underneath.

I have NEVER rooted my phone, so I have no idea why this would suddenly appear after this mystery turn off/upgrade. I have also not recently installed any crazy third party apps.

Now here is even a crazier part and why I am stuck in limbo on what to do. When I go to MY FILES to try to see my old pics/vids/files, it says DEVICE STORAGE AVAILABLE- 5 gigs out of 32 gigs. That is what it said before this mystery reboot/update, so obviously it still has all of my files and videos stored somewhere! When I click on files and videos, everything is empty though!

Even stranger when I connect to my PC in an attempt to backup these files and videos-same thing it shows the PHONE ICON and the blue bar almost full. As the PC even shows that all my files are still on the phone. But when I click the phone in my PC it takes me to an empty page with no items!

I called Samsung and AT AND T and they had no idea what to do except suggest a full reset. The problem is I have important files and pics/vids that I need to backup before I do and obviously they are still on the phone.

Can someone please help on a way I can get to my files to back them up on my PC before doing a full reset? I am even willing to paypal someone if it leads to a resolution in this manner! THANKS!
    02-26-2015 12:41 AM
    Anybody???
    02-26-2015 07:00 PM
    02-27-2015 11:59 AM
    02-27-2015 04:02 PM
    The same thing happened to me three days ago. I haven't called Samsung yet but AT&T pretty much told me that It was rooted and they couldn't help me and that rooting your phone voids the warranty. The thing is my phone hasn't been rooted. I haven't really got the time to got fix it somewhere else. I was hoping to find an answer when I saw your post. Did you find a solution to the problem? If yes, can you share it with me. If not, let me know and if I find one I'll let you know. Thanks!
    03-10-2015 11:09 AM