After updating my HTC M7 to Lollipop OTS, why aren't my HTC notes no longer available?

A

AC Question

after update my htc m7 to lollipop - ota - the htc notes is no longer avalable.

i have the pictogram, but when i prees it the message is: htc notes is no longer avalable. why?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: after update my htc m7 to lollipop - ota - the htc notes is no longer avalable.

Welcome to Android Central. HTC notes probably got removed from the OS.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: after update my htc m7 to lollipop - ota - the htc notes is no longer avalable.

Emailing evernote might be the next step. They might have more information on how to retrieve your account.

From an AOSP M8

Lieven Pauwels

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I had (still have) the same problem on my HTC One. all my notes and recordings are gone the app got removed from my HTC after or while updating. Everytime i want to open it it says my notes wil be exported to evernote after i create an account on evernote. First of all my notes are not on my htc filesystem anymore and I dont want evernote so i do not have to register. My :mad:

ellerena

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I hope somebody could help with this nasty issue.
I also can't read my notes on my HTC One after updating to Android Lollipop. When I try to open the notes I get the message asking me to open an account on Evernote.
I'm really sick and tired of every company out there trying to get a piece of share in my personal information. I don't want to provide my email anymore to any company. I don't want Evernote's service.
My notes are mine, there's no right to just making them inaccessible just because a new company got in business partnership with android.
At least, switching to a 3rd party must be optional, must be done from now on without affecting previous notes.
I don't know who gave HTC or Android the right to own my notes and take them away from me, you can take whatever bits you want but the information is mine only. This is the 1st time I see such an arbitrarious action taken over data whose right belong to the user only.
Please give me back my -already existing- notes. I'll decide later whether new notes will be made through Evernotes or maybe I'll just go back to stickies and real note books.
thanks

les406

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. You need to press the "sync" button and then you will be able to see your notes.
I am not happy about my private notes being stored in the "cloud" or on a third party app so I have copied them elsewhere and deleted the lot from Evernote and uninstalled the app.

Don't know what HTC were thinking about. I liked all my private notes on my phone which was pin protected so nobody else could access them. All this cloud stuff leaves your info open to any hacker.
It wasn't broke so why did they fix it.

NoMoreHTC4Me

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I will not sign up for Evermore, nor will I ever buy another product from a company that would do this to me. I needed my notes today and all I got was BS. Contract up in a few months. No more HTC for me.

kmickel

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I wrote to HTC and they've put their head in the sand. Here is what I said:

Notes
Evernote is Not in Australian jurisdiction and therefor not subject to privacy and security laws I am familiar with. HTC are forcing me to send data I own to them. By removing Notes you have removed, without advice, my ability to access my data directly. I will not send my notes to Evernote and I recommend all other users to carefully consider the implications of this. In summary, HTC are forcing customers to send data they own to Evernote AND ontop of that Evernote will collect. Your username, email address and contact preferences; Your name, image and other personal information, if you elect to share it; The geographic area where you use your computing devices when you interact with the Service and the language you select; Your device identifier; Your telephone number – but only if you elect to share it or link it to your account; Your location and calendar information – if you elect to share it; Actions you perform in your account, including your use of certain product features and your storage of particular forms of Content (e.g., PDFs or JPGs), as well as the type of device and software you are using; Non-personally identifiable information indicating your association with one of our business partners or promotions (if applicable); and Payment information (if you purchase a Paid Service or an item from the Market) Sorry HTC this is not acceptable - I call on HTC to re-install NOTES on the phones or enable it so users to can retrieve their NOTES data on their own devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane