Should I take this seriously? I've had the phone for 6 months.
    02-26-2015 03:56 PM
    Hello.

Yes and no. Don't take Battery Doctor seriously imv, it can cause more drain than it purportedly monitors. If you want to stress your system more, add Clean Master as well, imv, if you don't have it.

1900 mah can be accurate at certain stages of the batteries charging cycle; although it's a little higher than the usual true maximum rate. Charging around 50% allows the highest rate. Charging is generally slower than 1200 mah at below 10% and above 95%.
    The phone determines the charging rate from the outlet. The charger may be rated at 2.0A or 2.1A but it is not shoving that at the phone, rather that is theoretically available to the phone.

One good app is GSam. It will show you the charging rate and temperature, along with more important information.

Ideally keep the battery between 40% and 80%, and let it run from near full to below 5% once a month, to help recalibrate the % reading. It's coolest at 50% and has less resistance so takes a higher rate. 50% to 100% counts as a half cycle of battery life, and it prolongs the battery to charge above 40%.

This was more of an exercise for me to try to explain what others can do far better.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a..._ion_batteries

My Note 3 has a 2.0A charger.
    02-26-2015 08:17 PM
    Yes and no. Don't take Battery Doctor seriously imv, it can cause more drain than it purportedly monitors. If you want to stress your system more, add Clean Master as well, imv, if you don't have it.
    I'd strongly recommend not using any product made by a company that has an app that "cleans RAM". That just shows that they have no idea how Android works. Windows wants as much free RAM as possible, Android want as much RAM in use as possible. "Cleaning" RAM just slows the phone down and wastes battery. If they don't understand that, they probably never bothered to learn anything about batteries.

1900 mah can be accurate at certain stages of the batteries charging cycle; although it's a little higher than the usual true maximum rate. Charging around 50% allows the highest rate.
    Lithium polymer batteries can be charged at a 1C (100%) rate - IOW, for the G3, 3 Amps (3,000mA.) The recommended maximum rate is 0.75C, or 2250mA for that phone. Most phones are designed to charge at less than that.

Charging is generally slower than 1200 mah at below 10%
    Because, given the same charging voltage, the battery isn't accepting as much current because it has a lower effective resistance, so the voltage at the terminals is lower. It takes a couple of hours for an almost dead battery to "ramp up" to normal charging. (A totally dead lithium battery should "commit suicide" (disconnect from its terminals) as its last contact with the outside world. Charging a totally discharged lithium battery could result in an explosion.

and above 95%.
    Sometimes. Most batteries can be charged quite safely at 0.5C right up until full charge.

Ideally keep the battery between 40% and 80%
    40% and 100%. Charge to "100%", than another 30 minutes. (The way "state of charge" is measured, it's not accurate at 100%, but another 30 minutes will let the charger bring it up to 100% and stop charging. The "Im fully charged" condition can't me measured statically ["what is it now?"], but by watching the voltage, current and temperature - which the charging circuit does - the fully charged point can be detected.)

and let it run from near full to below 5% once a month
    NEVER! Unless you own a battery factory and want to increase your sales. Unless you're conditioning the battery*, charge at the 40%-50% point.

to help recalibrate the % reading.
    Calibration calibrates the file that keeps track of which app is using what percent of power. It stays pretty accurate over a period of years without "recalibration". And it doesn't do anything even if the file is totally miscalibrated. It just shows you things, it doesn't change what's happening in the phone.

*Read The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries.
    03-08-2015 08:57 PM