A couple of months ago I finally got around to turning on gmail's "two step verification". It was relatively painless to implement, and I'm really glad I did this.

The ONLY thing that I've had any issue with is that the native email app on my Samsung SIII phone didn't know what to do and started sending out little error msgs every now and then. Not a big deal. I don't even use that app (I use Google's app from the play store instead) so I just ignored that and it didn't bother me.

However, just this morning, the Samsung email app decided (for reasons I don't understand--I didn't change any settings--maybe Samsung changed them via some automatic update?) to start making the phone vibrate twice loudly every half hour or so when it can't access my gmail account. I don't see any way (in either the settings or the options for the app) to turn this off, and I can't even remove or disable the app since it's "native" -- it doesn't even show up on the list of apps in the application manager.

Any suggestions to disable or remove the app? Or to make it stop vibrating?
    02-26-2015 07:08 PM