Sideloading Galaxy S5

ajmccloud

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Amateur noob having trouble trying to sideload apps on my unrooted Verizon Galaxy S5 running lollipop 5.0. I have the unknown sources box checked, I install things from the Samsung store with no problems. So, from my phone, with chrome browser, I downloaded the APK file for Facebook lite from [link removed by Moderator] Then I went to my stock file manager and found that file in the download folder obviously, which is on the internal memory. I click on it, and it seems to show the proper screen; name of the app, "do you want to install this application? It will get access to:...." and it lists all of the permissions. So I read and scroll down then the options are "cancel" and "install". So obviously I try to click on the install button, but absolutely nothing happens. It's not a delayed response, no different if I long touch. Nothing. Yet if I click cancel it works immediately. So I tried moving the file to the SD card memory and got the same results. I can't figure it out. I've tried Googling and it get no good results, everything just shows the regular method that I'm using already. I can't find anything specific for this phone in case that's why it's not working. I've tried sideloading before a while back and had the same problem on 4.4.4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

ajmccloud

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Oh, uh, sorry, I didn't know that was against the rules. I thought it might help for someone trying to figure this situation. I tried to provide all the details I could.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes