Can someone help me with HTC One update 4.20.654.10?

A

AC Question

Can someone help me with HTC One update 4.20.654.10

So, I recently downloaded the new HTC One software update (Ver. 4.20.654.10), and I came across some problems after I had finished downloading it. The first problem I noticed, was that the music play/pause, rewind and forward buttons were missing on the lock screen when I play music; this gave me problems when I connected my phone to my car; i could not skip a song without leaving the screen on, or unlocking it and having to open up the music widget/app; this is quite dangerous. Secondly, when I receive messages, I don't receive a preview of the message on my lock screen; I thought that downloading the new update had reset the settings, so I tried to turn the Message Preview tool on, but surprisingly, the Message Preview option was not where it was suppose to be, (correct me if I'm wrong) under the Security tab in the Settings. So can someone help me out please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can someone help me with HTC One update 4.20.654.10

Welcome to Android Central! Was this the Lollipop update? Lollipop's lockscreen works differently from KitKat. Lockscreen widgets are gone; in their place are lockscreen notifications. You have to make sure the phone is set to allow notifications on the lockscreen. I don't know the exact setup of the One's settings menus on Lollipop, but on my Nexus 5, it's Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked. I can choose Show All Notification Content, Hide Sensitive Notification Content, or Don't Show Notifications At All. Make sure it's set to Show All Notification Content.

The Google Play Music lockscreen notification only has a Pause and Next Track button when you initially wake the phone and see the lockscreen. If you swipe down once, the notification should expand a bit and include a Previous Track button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon