I own Samsung galaxy s4
    Please bear with me, I'm not trying lock screen to look like iphone, just wont functionality.

on this device you can set up screen lock timeout to be up to 30 minutes.
    this is fine for me, except I want to:
    swipe to unlock before timeout is reached
    enter pin after timeout.

It is like that on iphone.

device does not allow to do that.
    For example I set timeout to 10 minutes, after some time screen goes off. pressing power or home button takes you to home screen

checked several application, couldn't find solution. ll of them are fancy "turn your android into iphone" apps, which is not what I need.
    02-27-2015 03:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You said in your example that you set the timeout to 10 minutes, and after some time the screen goes off. Are you saying the screen turns off before 10 minutes are up? Are you sure you're differentiating the screen timeout from the automatically lock setting? The Screen Timeout setting tells the phone how long to wait while idle before turning the screen off. The Automatically Lock setting tells the phone how long to wait after the screen has timed out before it locks again and then requires a screen unlock.
    02-27-2015 11:43 AM
    Ok, i'll try to explain better

There are settings for screen sleep and screen lock.

sleep is set for 30 seconds (screen timeout under display settings)
    lock is set for 10

What I have:
    Screen sleep activates after 30 seconds. after that pressing home or power button takes me directly to home screen. if 10 minutes passed I get lock screen.

What I want:
    On iphone you could configure same - 10 minutes for lock, 30 sec for sleep. screen would turn off after 30 seconds, but pressing buttons before 10 minutes passed would take you to swipe to unlock. not input pin menu.

is it possible on android?
    03-02-2015 02:07 AM
    Ok, so if I understand you correctly, before the 10 minutes are up, if you wake the screen back up, you want to get the swipe to unlock screen, and not just go directly to the homescreen, correct?
    03-02-2015 01:39 PM