I am using a Nexus 5 purchased from google and running lolipop OS on Wind network in Canada. Had the service running for 6 months without issues and suddenly it is unable to connect to the Wind Network - the only available option in the Network Operators setting is Wind Away which does not let me make any calls or have any internet connectivity. A service rep of Wind put in another SIM and had the same issue after which he said he was an antenna issue on the phone but was not able to tell me if its an software or hardware issue. Thanks, Sam
    02-27-2015 08:38 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try a factory reset. If that doesn't help, then contact Google for a replacement. I think they're still offering free replacements for any damage, regardless of how old the phone is.
    02-27-2015 10:59 AM
    And if you can remember that rep's name, never talk to him/her again. If the phone is receiving a phone signal - no matter what phone signal - it's not an antenna issue. (It could be a SIM port issue, it could be a motherboard issue, it could be a few things, but "it's an antenna issue" is either a quick way to get rid of you, or an uneducated remark.)

BTW, there's no such thing as a software antenna issue - the antenna is purely hardware (it's a piece of metal connected to the motherboard, most of the time by a phosphor-bronze spring, but sometimes by a tiny cable). It's like telling you that the reason your tire is flat is that you're using bad fluid, but he can't tell you whether it's bad oil or bad gasoline. IOW, it's nonsense.
    02-27-2015 06:33 PM