I factory reset my phone the other day and I can no longer access google now on my account. I tried with a different account and it works fine, its just that one account.
    Inside the setting, Now cards -> Show cards is greyed out
    02-27-2015 04:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device? What happens when you actually try to access Google Now--does it try to open, or does nothing happen? Does it open up, but no cards show up?

Is your phone logged into your Google account? If you can get to the Google Search settings, select Accounts & Privacy/Google Account. Is your Google account selected there?
    02-27-2015 06:07 PM
    I too am having a problem with Google Now. On my Galaxy S5, with Lollipop 5.0, I get a Network Error msg and it asks me to sign in with my Google Account. I am signed in, and Google Now on my Galaxy Tab S works fine with the same Google Account. I'm stumped.
    02-27-2015 10:49 PM
    I too am having a problem with Google Now. On my Galaxy S5, with Lollipop 5.0, I get a Network Error msg and it asks me to sign in with my Google Account. I am signed in, and Google Now on my Galaxy Tab S works fine with the same Google Account. I'm stumped.
    See if you can remove the account, and then re-add it. Maybe Google Now will work after that.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    02-28-2015 12:36 AM
    Oh right, Nexus 5, Lollipop 5.0.1.
    So normally I access Google Now by swiping left from my home screen, I don't have that option.
    Tried to remove account and add it again, didn't work.
    If I do a search then I can open up the settings from the navigation drawer, but the option is like I said, greyed out.
    Its weird that its happening after a factory reset.
    02-28-2015 12:56 AM
    That's weird. You are running Google Now Launcher, and not some alternative launcher, right? Go to Settings>Apps>Disabled​, and see if Google App is Disabled, for some reason.
    02-28-2015 01:31 AM
    Here's a screenshot
    Its weird and I don't get it, internet works fine and I've turning various things off and back on again.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Why can't I activate Google Now?-585.jpg  
    02-28-2015 02:57 AM
    I am experiencing the same problem. No matter what I do, what switch I flip or do a factory reset, Google Now gives me a Network Error msg. Google Now widget doesn't work.
    02-28-2015 03:45 PM
    How about if you go in to Settings > Apps > Swipe Left to the ALL Tab > Scroll Down to Google Now Launcher > Tap Google Now Launcher, check to see if Show Notifications is checked. Also at this point you may want to Clear Cache and/or Clear Data, they are grayed out so you will have to Force Stop first. See if that will jump start you.
    02-28-2015 06:15 PM