my music is saved on the internal storage of my s3. i want to transfer it to an sd card to put into my new phone so i dont lose all my music. how do i do this?
    02-27-2015 11:13 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the music from? Are they mp3 files you transferred to internal storage, or are they music tracks you downloaded from Google Play Music? If they're downloaded directly from the Google Play Music app, you can't manipulate them with a file manager, because they're stored in a hidden directory with coded filenames--they're really intended for offline use by the Play Music app. You'd have to download the mp3 files from your Google Music Library website on the computer, then transfer those files to the SD card.

If they are mp3 files that you originally transferred to internal storage, then connect the phone to your computer via USB, and use Windows Explorer to copy all of the music to the computer's hard drive. Use Copy, not Move, because if something goes wrong with the transfer, Move will delete the original, while Copy will leave it intact. Once the files are on your computer's hard drive, you can then copy them to a microSD card inserted into the computer's SD reader.
    02-28-2015 01:53 AM