Phone wont boot possibly bad partition?

A

AC Question

Not so long ago while just hanging out in my pocket my phone a LG Optimus G E970 crashed. After trying to turn the phone back on it would come up with the Android screen but never load beyond it. The screen would go black. I can get it into recovery (CWM) and into download mode. When its in CWM I get the error "E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/... Nothing works in recovery not formating not deleting cache or dalvik. None of the ADB programs work or even see the phone. The only program which would recognize my phone was LGNPST which i tried to use to flash it back to a stable stock. But I getting an error saying "fail to write partition Primary GPT, 512th Sector." (I have a screenshot but this site will not let me post the dropbox link.)
One website recommended i just reboot the phone after the LGNPST process and it should work fine but nope it does the exact same thing or exact same nothing.
I am now thinking the phone is bricked and there is a hardware failure. Does anyone have an suggestions or opinions?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you using a Windows 8 or 7 computer? How about USB 3.0 or 2.0? I'm not sure if these will make a difference in your case, but they have in my time working with HTC phones.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.