My mum has Samsung Galaxy tab 3, she noticed that the charging battery had a red x when she tried to charge it, so I changed both the connector and the battery and the red x is still there along with being unable to swipe or interact the screen and the screen is in inverted colours.

What else can I do, I have tried charging it via both wall socket and usb device but its still the same.

thanks,
    Rebecca
    02-28-2015 06:18 AM
    Welcome to AC.☺

Before going any further, are you sure that the USB port is clean and undamaged? If so, it may be that the battery is failing.
    The color inversion is a mystery....that is normally set in Settings, Accessibility, Invert Colors....but it may be a result of the battery failure, or possibly of some more serious fault. Diagnosis by a qualified repairer is probably the best option.
    First, however, try booting into Recovery, and wipe the Cache Partition. It's described here:
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9945
    It causes no loss of personal data, unlike Factory/Master Reset, which very definitely causes a loss of all personal data not previously backed up....be careful not to select that by mistake.
    Any problems or queries, get back to us.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-28-2015 08:49 AM