Why isn't my display going on after pressing the Power Button?

A

AC Question

Display not getting on after pressing Power Button

Recently i upgraded my Samsung Note 2 with Android 4.4.4, the phone was working well, but only one problem has surfaced. After a call, when i look for look for the red button on scree for cutting the call, the display doesn't lit up. No matter how much i press the power button/Home button or volume button, nothing happens. When anybody calls me in the meantime, he can hear my caller tune, but i cant see the call coming. Last remedy is to manually remove battery & then restart the phone. Can anybody help me identifying.... is this a software bug or hardware glitch...??

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Display not getting on after pressing Power Button

It's presumably a fault with the proximity sensor, but whether software or hardware I don't know. If it started immediately after the update, it looks like it might be software. Try a Cache Partition wipe in Recovery.

Posted via the Android Central App

ullas786

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanx Belidion, I tried the Cache Partition wipe in Recovery as suggested by you, but still no relief.
Now the phone goes in hang mode, even when its kept idle. When i check the phone by pressing the pwer button, it dosent light up.

Please help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11