Hi,

I am dissatisfied with how often I have to unlock my phone. I want the security to lock my phone with at least a pin code. What I don't want is to have to put that code in every time the screen "locks" or at most I can set - 30 minutes.

In other words - What I'd like is a lock when the phone turns on. I am comfortable with it being unlocked the rest of the time it is on. If I want it locked, I'll turn it off and then the lock will be in place when it restarts.

Are there any apps out there that will let me do this?

I DID have a phone (not a smartphone) that would lock like this. The current Android settings for this phone do not give me the options or flexibility in determining how & when it locks. The closest routine with my KitKat LG G2 is to create a lock screen PIN before I shut down and then disable the lock screen when I start it up. But that's a PITA!
    02-28-2015 02:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you considered SkipLock? This allows you to designate trusted wi-fi networks or Bluetooth devices that, when connected to your phone, will disable the screenlock. Lollipop has a very similar function built in, called Smart Lock.
    03-01-2015 02:18 AM
    That's an interesting approach. The wifi option would work for me at home and work; the bluetooth when I am in the car on my headset.

That covers most of the time when I want to have the phone unlocked. But I still want it to be locked when it first powers on, even if it is within range of a "known" network/bluetooth.

Thanks for pointing out SkipLock!
    03-01-2015 06:41 AM
    Glad to help! Be aware that it's free for a trial period, and then I think you have to purchase the full version. If your device isn't scheduled to get Lollipop any time soon, it's probably worth it.
    03-01-2015 03:04 PM
    I do want to be clear, though, I am looking still for an app that will lock the phone when I shut it down or in other words be locked whenever it powers up, whether I am in a "safe" wifi location or not.

It does seem that SkipLock will skip the initial lock screen if I wait long enough for the phone to find & connect to a "safe" network. I don't know if Lollipop will be offered by LG. I am not interested in rooting the phone as I have an extended warranty on the phone for almost two more years.

So ... any other lock/skip the lock apps that will give me the option to always require an initial unlock upon start/restart?
    03-01-2015 05:16 PM
    You might be able to do it with Tasker. See this article: HOW TO: Disable Your Android’s PIN Code at Home with Tasker (Android) | Techaeris
    03-01-2015 08:40 PM