My wife's name is Selene, not Celine - I have an office in Monsey, not Muncie - I have to correct these EVERY TIME I send a text or an email - is there really no way for Google voice to learn the proper spelling? I have a Galaxy S5. Is this really so hard? I see Nuance is the creator - I've had their Dragon voice recognition software for 10 years and you can teach it any spelling
    02-28-2015 06:13 PM
    Those are homonyms, and there are two ways to make a speech to text app get them right - either training (Like Dragon) or allowing the app to accept spelling. Unfortunately, the phone STT version of Dragon is like a baby version - it works on common words, but not on jargon or homonyms. You can't train it and you can't spell words. (Even Nuance's own app isn't much better.)
    02-28-2015 09:52 PM
    I have a Nexus 5 so this may not work the same on a S5. In Gmail I typed in the body of the email Selene and it was listed. However, I typed in Monsey and it was not listed, I was able to add it though by doing the following. Type the word or name correctly, then TAP the word as if you where going to do a copy/replace, you will get a list of words that it thinks are correct. At this point the correct spelling will appear in the list below as a choice, choose the correct word and it will give you the option to save the word. Sure hope this make since. If this to hard to follow then maybe this link will help click here.
    02-28-2015 11:20 PM