(Sorry if this is long.)
    On Friday I found out another student had my stolen phone, with the same white and black case and all. He used it during class and the teacher got it from him. She instantly recognized it as my phone. I used my Lookout account, which had my stolen phone's imei. I searched for the Imei number on "his" phone and it showed the same exact number on my account.
    The kid said he bought it from a friend, and kept saying it is his.

It was given to the police, and the police said i needed proof and will return with the phone on monday. Will just the imei help? The teacher took pictures of them matching but I'm not sure she showed it.
    My uncle gave me the account number too, and even had a picture of me using the phone that showed the same phone case.

The phone case even had the same yellow stain that was left after i had tape on it.

Again, sorry if this is long, but I really need help if the information I have would work. I'm not giving up on it if I found out the kid in my same class has it right there.
    02-28-2015 06:52 PM
    All my stuff on it was replaced with his stuff. So I really hope the police can look at what it had before it was all reset.
    I mean come on, they're police. They can still view messages from criminals that has been deleted.
    02-28-2015 07:13 PM
    The imei is a good start...but I am not sure if it is solid enough. If it were me...I would go to my carrier, tell them what happened, and ask if they have paper copy of your serial number.

From an AOSP M8
    Annpeng likes this.
    02-28-2015 07:19 PM
    Thanks a lot I'll hope it helps. If not im not sure. I hope there are more suggestions maybe.
    02-28-2015 07:28 PM
    My uncle (He doesnt live in my same city) just told me they don't have my serial number.
    02-28-2015 07:39 PM
    What if the police doesn't buy the fact i have the Imei saved
    02-28-2015 08:40 PM
    The IMEI is wordly unique - IOW, there's mot another phone in the world with that IMEI. The carrier can give you a printout of your phone's IMEI, and that's legal proof that the phone's yours. (The IMEI is the "serial number" of a cellphone.)
    Annpeng likes this.
    03-01-2015 04:53 PM
    Definitely the serial number and proof of your account.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Android Central Forums
    Annpeng likes this.
    03-01-2015 05:24 PM
    I got it back thank you!
    lsmachado and belodion like this.
    03-03-2015 03:51 PM
    We're all very pleased for you Annpeng! Hope you'll stick around in the forums as a welcome new member.☺

Posted via the Android Central App
    Annpeng likes this.
    03-03-2015 04:05 PM
    Thank you I'll visit here more!
    Oh and sadly the thief wiped all of my apps and pictures off my phone...I had the pictures backed up to my sd card, which he luckily didn't bother taking out.
    I don't think I backed up some of them though.
    Even though, at least I got it back!
    03-03-2015 09:34 PM