Why cant I transfer music from my sd card to pc?

A

AC Question

Why cant I transfer music from my sd card to pc

All of my music is backed up on my phones sd card, external hd died and is non recoverable, so everything I have is on this phone ( sony experia z). I have tried on both my windows 8 and windows xp machines to transfer the files from the sd card to the pc. I have tried using the sony pc phone software, tried just opening the folder through the phone in the files and copying it, I have also tried removing the sd card from the phone and putting it in one of the sd to usb adapters and doing it that way

in all instances:
Windows 8 - says something about there being something wrong with the file system
Xp- something about a bad parameter
in all cases it will get through about the first folder and then just stop
theres about 4 gigs total but its a terabyte drive that shouldnt be a big deal

I find it strange because originally most of these files were downloaded to the xp machine and as i have upgraded and changed devices have always been fine and was able to dump it all in one swoop no problem.

i can open and play all the files on all the devices too, its just transfering them.

Any ideas?

The-Defiyeir

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why cant I transfer music from my sd card to pc

if u cant transfer them through ur phone or through ur sd card try uploading the data to dropbox or ondrive or if ur computer has the capability of blue tooth try to transfer them through that and see if that works I can probably help more with this sunday if thoose suggestions dont help but I cant tonight

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1