11-21-2015 07:41 PM
29 12
tools
    DING DING DING!!! We have a winner! Good job by Javier P to track that down.

Clearing cache is always safe, because by definition, cached data is temporary and non-crucial. It's really more for convenience, to speed up data access for the app.
    Javier P and akuki like this.
    03-01-2015 09:01 PM
    That did it! Thank you. Now up to almost 5 GB of space.

If I understand correctly, unchecking the Sync box in Accounts -> Drive kept me from deleting the data from the cloud Drive account, during the Data delete in the phone's Drive app.

But, Cache can always be be deleted with no loss to original files?

From Nexus 5 via AC App
    Glad it helped mate.

I'm not sure about unchecking the sync. Clearing local data shouldn't delete cloud storage but things not always work as we wish

Maybe it's just an extra precaution, a bit unnecessary but worth checking. And most important, you don't want to risk losing some gigas of data just to make a point

See you around the forums.
    03-02-2015 04:41 AM
    DING DING DING!!! We have a winner! Good job by Javier P to track that down.
    LOL. Thanks. Just a sucker for a happy ending
    B. Diddy and akuki like this.
    03-02-2015 04:43 AM
    Glad it helped mate.

I'm not sure about unchecking the sync. Clearing local data shouldn't delete cloud storage but things not always work as we wish

Maybe it's just an extra precaution, a bit unnecessary but worth checking. And most important, you don't want to risk losing some gigas of data just to make a point

See you around the forums.
    Hi there,

I'm running into same issue. My Google Drive Data is using approximately 15GB of my phone storage. I turned off Drive sync under Google accounts, however, nervous to press the Clear Data button because the confirmation message says, it will clear data, settings, databases, etc. I don't want my files deleted from the Google Drive.

Can anyone share their experiences what happened once you clicked the Clear Data button for Drive app?

Thank you.
    11-21-2015 07:41 PM
29 12