Latest Droid Turbo update wiped IMEI #. Can no longer receive calls or texts. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

Latest Droid Turbo update wiped IMEI #. Can no longer receive calls or texts.

On 2/26/15 I installed the latest, 21.44.12, Droid turbo system update and it wiped out my IMEI number.
Immediately after the update, the mobile data was very spotty, changing from 4G to 3G to no service every few minutes.
Rebooted phone, saw I had a couple voicemails with no missed calls.
Called Verizon, played around with them for a couple hours to no avail, they told me to go to a corporate store the next day for a new SIM card.
I did that today, phone worked normal again for about 20 minutes, minus advanced calling.
They are going to send a refurb, but my phone is less than 3 months old and I have heard nightmares about factory refurbs.
Looking to see if anything can be done in my current situation?!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Latest Droid Turbo update wiped IMEI #. Can no longer receive calls or texts.

Welcome to Android Central! I would go with the refurb. I've dealt with refurbished replacements on Verizon before, and they worked better than the faulty device I had to send back (that I had gotten brand new). Just because it's a refurb doesn't mean it's problematic--and besides, your current phone sounds royally messed up.