Email folder show new email but cant open.

Complete technofobe so if anyone is kind enuff to answer please explain techy stuff and i mean the basics. Soz dont have a clue.

Read other Q & A re this but didn't understand the answers. Sorry will need step by step instructions if poss. Many thanks.
    03-01-2015 12:53 AM
    Email folder show new email but cant open.

Complete technofobe so if anyone is kind enuff to answer please explain techy stuff and i mean the basics. Soz dont have a clue.

Read other Q & A re this but didn't understand the answers. Sorry will need step by step instructions if poss. Many thanks.
    Hello! Can you first start off by stating what email app you are using? We can continue to problem solve after that.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    03-01-2015 12:56 AM
    It's hotmail and I have a Samsung tablet
    03-01-2015 01:23 AM
    It's hotmail and I have a Samsung tablet
    Maybe I should be more specific. What email client on your tablet are you using?
    03-01-2015 10:14 PM
    Apologies, but what's an email client and where do I find mine? Sorry when I said I was a technofobe I meant it. Am useless! Appreciate your help tho.
    03-03-2015 06:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. Thanks for registering - makes it easier to reply.

I see you have a Samsung Note 3 on your profile, so you are maybe using the supplied Samsung 'Email' app (email client is an email app that can handle several different email accounts like Yahoo, Gmail etc).

So it's the icon with the white envelope and red seal symbol.

You say the icon is showing you have new email as maybe there is a number on the icon, but for some reason when you touch the icon the email list doesn't open?
    Or maybe there are no new emails despite the new alert on the icon.

So you have set up your Hotmail account by entering your email address and password and let the app fill the rest.

First off that I can think, do you have Sync on, one of the green toggles when you pull down the Notification shade from the top.

If you are using the Gmail app let us know.

Wizzrah may take this up when his yacht docks.
    wizzrah likes this.
    03-03-2015 06:59 PM