How do I stop the installation error code -24?

A

AC Question

installation error code -24

I have a Zenithink C94 tablet running KitKat I installed Dolphin browser and later removed it after I removed the browser it told me that there were some files left over and if I wanted to remove them I clicked "no" (my mistake) now when I try to reinstall Dolphin browser I get the dreaded error code -24. I have gome through every file looking for any Dolphin browser and have found nothing. I went into my settings and did a force stop, clear data, clear cache and rebooted tried to reinstall Dolphin same code. Installed Clean Master ran it rebooted and tried to install Dolphin same error code.
I do not want to do a system restore so is there anything else I can do aside from a system restore to correct my problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: installation error code -24

Welcome to Android Central! Look for any folder named "TunnyBrowser," because that was the original name for Dolphin (I think), and delete it.

When you say you cleared cache/data and force stopped, do you mean you did that for Google Play Store?

Bobbi Johnson

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I have gone through every file and no TunnyBrowser file no DolphinBrowser file.
Yes I did a force stop, clear data, clear cache on Google Play Store.
The reason I want to reinstall Dolphin Browser is I found a modified Flash Player that will work with KitKat in conjuction with Dolphin Browser but I do not want to do a system restore back to factory settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It'd be a folder, but I assume you still didn't see one while searching through the directories.

Go to Settings>Apps>All​, and select Download Manager. Clear Cache/Data, then Force Stop. Now try again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

No, it'll be fine. Download Manager is only for the act of downloading, not for the actual files once they're downloaded.

Bobbi Johnson

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I did what you suggested with download manager following your instructions to the letter and I still get that error -24 message so I'm going to give up because I do not want to do a system restore.
Let me ask you another question, my tablet came with the Android browser and Chrome browser, I do not like Chrome and do not use it, I downloaded Next browser which I use the most, I imported all of my Chrome bookmarks to my Next browser, I want to disable Chrome but when I click disable I get a message saying I will lose all of Chrome's data, If I do go ahead and disable Chrome will I lose all of the bookmarks that I imported to Next or will those imported bookmarks just stop working.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Your Chrome bookmarks should be synced with your Google account anyway (although check to make sure--go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Chrome is checked. So you won't lose the bookmarks permanently. To be extra safe, open Chrome on your computer and make sure the bookmarks there match the ones on your phone.

If you disable Chrome, it shouldn't get rid of the bookmarks you already imported into Next Browser.

Another thing for you to try is to go to Settings>Accounts, and remove your Google account completely, then add it back again. See if the error 24 still persists after that.

Bobbi Johnson

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

I did check and Chrome is synched but I think it is best to leave well enough I am one of these people that should NEVER try to fix things because in 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of the time I make things worse. The first time I picked up a power tool I blew up the planet that was in between Mars and Juipter killing off all life on Mars, the second time I picked up a power tool I killed off all the dinosaurs and so it is better for not to keep messing around with my tablet because I might wind up blowing up Earth and I do not want 7, 000,000,000+ people mad at me.
So Thank You for all your Help
Have a Blessed Day
Bobbi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar