My pre-installed email app is gone, how can I get it back?

A

AC Question

pre-installed email app is gone

today i was messing around with my phone and decided to try the actual Gmail email app (the app that has red bar at top of emails" instead of just the one app that said "email" (it was a blueish color). i had the plain "email"app at bottom of the screen, removed it and added the Gmail email app at the bottom. i have quickly decided that i dont like the gmail email nearly as well. i went to move the plain "email" app down to the bottom of screen an i cant find it anywhere. can somewhere please tell me where the generic email app could be and how to get it back. btw havent downloaded the lollipop software .

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: pre-installed email app is gone

Which phone do you have? Stock apps can't be deleted easily. Go to settings - apps and look for it in the "all" tab. If it's there longpress on it and drag it to the homescreen. If not, check in the disabled/turned off tab and enable it back.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
When you Removed it it ought to have returned to the app drawer. If it's not there, check in the app manager....Settings, Apps, All, for example, and scroll to where it would be....and see whether it is disabled.

Edit: Posted same moment as Javier P. :)

Posted via the Android Central App