i have a samsung t-sgh679 galaxy exhibit os 2.3.6 android version. i booted it with kingo first, checked it with boot checker they said okay. as a result i tried to turn root explorer on in the es files explorer did not want to turn on when you check the box keep getting error code also the same in buildprop editor does not allow me to back up file recover. so as a result i tried to boot the phone again with z4root by ryan za adownloaded to my phone no problems it says phone is booted already so i re boot the phone with z4root it took about 10 minutes no problem. back to square one same error messages in es files and build prop editor. what is the problem i am having, why am i having such a hard time with this . i also triedterminal emulator i typed "sy" and i see the $ sign so my phone is not booted, thats what someone told me from android central, so what is the remedy??????? please some one respond who knows this stuff in and out. thank you for all your support i love you all android users come to my rescue. thanks james
    03-02-2015 03:15 AM
    i also triedterminal emulator i typed "sy" and i see the $ sign so my phone is not booted
    It's su, and if you get the $, the phone is rooted (not booted - if it's on it's booted).

You should also have a superuser app, like SuperSU or Superuser. If that's missing, some apps won't run su, so that won't get elevated to root. (If you install the app, it may tell you that the binaries have to be updated, Allow it.)
    03-02-2015 09:06 AM