How do I set my Galaxy S5 setting calendar reminder default time to On Time instead of 15 minutes?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5 - Setting Calendar Reminder Default time to "On Time" Instead of 15 Minutes

Please, before you answer, I am not looking for a workaround that I will have to do every time I create an event, I am looking for a way to change the default so that it is faster to create events.

So here it is... I love my Galaxy S5 (until the recent Lollipop update, that is - battery life major drop but that's another subject) but I've always been annoyed by 2 things on the Galaxy S5 calendar and it's really starting to get to me:

When you create a new event in the Galaxy S5 calendar, the default is to NOT pop up a reminder about it (which to me, what is the point of that?). And then when you do tell it to remind you, the default reminder is set to remind you 15 minutes before the time you selected. So you have to manually select "On Time" every single time.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to set the default, when I create a calendar event, to automatically have reminder (popup) set and for it to be "On Time" instead of 15 minutes before.

Is there anything I can do? I would rather not download any more calendar apps but if I really must, I can... because this is becoming quite an inconvenience. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but when you are setting a lot of calendar events, it can definitely add to how long it takes... and most of the time, I'm on the move while doing it.

DotScott1

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 - Setting Calendar Reminder Default time to "On Time" Instead of 15 Minutes

Forgot to specify: I am talking about the Samsung Calendar. I had the Google Calendar app in the past but I liked Samsung's a LOT more (seems a lot more convenient and organized plus it has more options). Like I said, I would prefer to use the Samsung calendar but will switch if I really need to to get these things to work as they should.

Also I don't know why it posted the main question as a guest... 0_o Hmm. But it was me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay