Hello, I accidentally deleted my complete operating system on my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. It has been rooted with TWRP (v2.7.1.0.). I went to SamMobile, and downloaded the firmware (version 4.4.2 zip file) for it. No matter what country I select, once it is downloaded, when I try to load it onto my tablet, it always says: "Failed". Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to install, and use Odin? If so, do I need to some how remove TWRP first, or do I need both? When I first accidentally wiped the operating system, I found a rooted 4.4.2 zip file (can't remember where), and I downloaded it, installed it, and it worked fine. The only problem was, it was for a Tab Pro, not a Note Pro (like I have), so I did not have the 'S' pen function, which I use. I am confused as to why none of the files that I found on SamMobile won't work. Do I need to do something to them first before attempting to install them? Once again, any, and all help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
    03-02-2015 10:37 AM
    Hello, I accidentally deleted my complete operating system on my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. It has been rooted with TWRP (v2.7.1.0.). I went to SamMobile, and downloaded the firmware (version 4.4.2 zip file) for it. No matter what country I select, once it is downloaded, when I try to load it onto my tablet, it always says: "Failed". Am I doing something wrong?
    You need the one that the tablet was designed for.

Do I need to install, and use Odin?
    Of course. Didn't you read the instructions at SamMobile?

If so, do I need to some how remove TWRP first
    No. Or you can find a TWRP backup or zip of a ROM for that tab and use TWRP to install or restore it.

I am confused as to why none of the files that I found on SamMobile won't work. Do I need to do something to them first before attempting to install them?
    Read and follow the instructions at the site (scroll down from the Download button).
    03-02-2015 11:41 AM
    Hi, you will have to excuse me, as I am very new at this rooted thing, and do not understand a lot yet. I purchased my tablet already rooted, so all of that work was done for me. While deleting some things,, I accidentally removed Google Play, and in trying to get it back, I wiped out the whole operating system. Since then, I figured out what I did wrong, and will not make that mistake again. As far as following the instructions further down on the page goes, I did download Odin v3.09 to my desktop, but have no idea how to use it. Do I use it from there, and connect it to my tablet via the data cable, or do I reload a working (but wrong version... Tab Pro) operating system onto my tablet, and download Odin on to it? Or, can I some how get Odin onto my tablet with no operating system installed, just through the TWRP? I have no clue. I know my problem is fixable, I just require a lot of help, and detailed instructions to get it right. Thanks again!
    03-02-2015 12:21 PM
    Just unzip the file you downloaded from SamMobile, run Odin in your PC, restart the tablet in download mode (Volume Down + Power, I think, in tablets - it's Volume Down+Home+power in phones), connect the tab to the PC through the USB cable. Load the files you got when you unzipped the download - the APxxx file goes in the AP slot in Odin, etc. Then click Start and watch Odin flash the ROM to the tablet. It'll reboot when it's done and you should be back in the normal homepage.
    03-02-2015 01:33 PM
    WOW, I am getting extremely frustrated.....I am about ready to throw this thing in the dumpster. I unzipped the firmware file, clicked open, and loaded it into the AP in Odis, connected the USB cable, and I am always stuck there. Every time I restart the tablet, in download mode (power off/volume up), it automatically loads the TWRP. I have not a clue what to do from here. Odin will not do anything at this point. What the heck am I doing wrong? I have been working on this stupid tablet all day, and this is as far as I have gotten.
    03-02-2015 09:40 PM
    WOW!! I finally figured it out, and my tablet is back to normal. You were correct, to install the files from Odin, I needed to hold the power button, and the volume down. I had always held the volume up...and that brings up TWRP, which is not what I needed to do. Once I actually did what you originally said, everything went just fine. Thank you so much for all of your help.
    03-03-2015 02:46 PM
    Do you still have the file if so may I have it
    02-22-2017 06:11 PM