Hi all,
    I have a galaxy tab s 10.5". I uploaded some .mobi files to Drop Box from my PC. I can see them on my tab using the built in app Myfiles.
    First question: are these downloaded onto my tab, or still sitting in the cloud? If still in the cloud, how can I download them?

Second question: I've installed 2 apps to read the files: Kindle, then after I uninstalled Kindle, Moon+ Reader. With both apps, when I tapped on one of my .mobi files I got the message "Open File: Unable to find application to perform this action". How can I get my tab to recognise the .mobi file type? Shouldn't the reader app do all that on installation?
    03-02-2015 10:45 AM
    Hello there,

1) It depends. If you just open the file via the Dropbox app, a temporary copy is downloaded to your phone but the actual file will still reside in the cloud. Only if you select to download it to your device, will the file be copied over to it (but the original still resides on the cloud).

2) MOBI files are Kindle books. Usually DRM-protected, so the only app that could, in theory, read these, is Kindle (unless the file is DRM-free, in which case you could use a reader like Moon). And to the best of my knowledge, nope, MOBI files are not associated to any app automatically. You need to manually open/add them to the reader, and in the case of Kindle, I believe you need to upload it to your account as side-loaded books cannot be open directly into the app.
    03-02-2015 10:54 AM
    Thanks, Spookdroid, that was helpful.
    03-02-2015 10:58 AM
    03-02-2015 11:02 AM