I have a Nexus 7 tablet, with a broken screen (the touchscreen is broken, I can still use the tablet by using a micro usb to usb adaptor and a mouse)

I am trying to back everything up, especially the app data from my apps.
    Yes usb debugging is allowed. No it is not rooted.

My problem is that to back-up everything (using e.g. helium) requires the tablet to be plugged into the pc AND allow permissions/allow RSA Key usb debugging on the tablet! T_T

Which I cannot do as it is plugged in to the pc, and I cannot connect the mouse to it

The few tablet to pc screenshares/remote access that I tried also needed to be briefly plugged in to the pc AND allow the usb debugging pop-up to be okayed.

I feel like this is going round in circles!

Please help?

Leila
    03-02-2015 01:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! See if you can install AirDroid on your Nexus 7. You should be able to control the tablet from the computer--but I'm not sure if there are any necessary steps that would be impossible for you due to the damage to the tablet.
    03-02-2015 01:47 PM
    Airdroid doesn't show my tablet screen from what I remember (I did try it before)

thank you for your suggestion

If it was just a case of getting my photos/books/videos etc off, then it would work fine (which is what I used it for). But I wanted to back-up (or copy) the data for my games. Helium seemed to be the best app for getting them off an non-rooted phone, but when the tablet is plugged into my tablet, I get a pop-up asking me to OK the connection....which is why I wanted a screenshare/remote access thingy, so that I could click yes on it from/through my pc! XD
    03-02-2015 02:44 PM
    Try MyPhoneExplorer. It can connect by wifi, Bluetooth or USB (which you don't want). You can control the phone from the PC.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-02-2015 02:59 PM
    What about using the AirMirror feature? AirDroid | AirMirror
    03-02-2015 03:03 PM