Why does my Verizon Note 4 (4.4.4) have PdaNet+/Foxfi wifi authentication failures?

A

AC Question

Verizon Note 4 (4.4.4): PdaNet+/Foxfi wifi authentication failures.

I just upgraded from the Verizon Note 2 (4.4.2) to a Verizon Note 4 (4.4.4).

I installed pdanet+/foxfi (full version) on the Note 4 and setup the wifi credentials. For some reason I can't connect to the wifi with any device unless the password is blank. If I set any kind of password at all, I get the message "authentication failure, please enter your password" on the device I'm attempting to connect to foxfi with. I've tried both a laptop (Win 8.1) and another cell phone.

I tried researching this problem online but I haven't found anything quite like this. I did however, find several post regarding issues with the security credential storage.

So I cleared my credentials, reset my screen lock to "none" (I was using fingerprint scanning previously), and then tried foxfi again. It had me reinstall the foxfi VPN cert and prompted me to set up a security pin which I did. Still didn't work.

Finally I tried uninstalling pdanet altogether, reset the credentials one last time an reinstalled pdanet+/foxfi/related VPN cert. Still can't get a password to work.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair