Why is my LG G2 getting extremely hot for no reason?

A

AC Question

LG G2 Got Extremely Hot for No Reason

Okay, so, ever since Verizon had updated the LG G2 which change the status bar icons from blue to white, my phone has been eating power like no body's business. Now, it was never so bad that I couldn't use my phone I just had to be careful how much I used it. So, I got this app called Battery Doctor or something like that and it's been on my phone for 2 days. So this morning, I woke up and went to check my charging phone and found it burning up... It's so weird because I always reboot it before placing it on the charger to charge overnight because I use it as an alarm; I have never had this happen before so I promptly uninstalled the app... Now I'm worried that my phone battery might be ruined. Something else worth noting, this phone is just over a year old... I have until next December before I can upgrade....... Any help is appreciated, thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G2 Got Extremely Hot for No Reason

Welcome to Android Central! It would help to see some battery stats, using the stock Settings>Battery menu. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae