I have an HTC Vivid phone for several years. It worked fine with my 2012 Chevy Sonic, but a few months ago I got a 2014 Chevy Sonic, and my phone has not properly connected with the new phone ever since. It will say connected, but when I press the phone on button on my steering wheel, a keypad comes up on the screen of my car. It does not give me the option to speak the phone number I want. The dealer doesn't know why because it is an approved/compatible phone for my car. The AT&T store doesn't know why it's not connecting either. They said possibly because the voice talk is not working, but neither they nor I can find voice talk on my phone. It may have been uninstalled when I was cleaning out software I don't want and don't use. If so, is there a way of getting it back?
    03-03-2015 10:08 PM
    I'd suspect that, although it's "an approved phone", there's a mismatch in the profiles of the phone and the radio.

As far as getting voice talk back, you'd need someone with an HTC Vivid to back up the app as an apk file, then put that file in your phone, find it (with a file manager) and tap it. It'll install the app. If your AT&T store (or the nearest Device Support Center) has any really sharp people (that's one reason I won't "get my bill cut in half" - AT&T has some good people in the stores if and when you need help), they can do that in the store. App Backup & Restore is one app that can do it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-04-2015 01:34 AM