Going to Europe & do not understand how to (1) organize photos (2) have photo dated (3) ID or caption somehow. Where can I print out directions on identifying & organizing photos. Appreciate any help... right now just a collection of random photos - frustrated - A Senior user
    03-03-2015 10:26 PM
    1) Photo "Albums" are folders in storage. So if you have all your pictures of a fincular in a folder named Finicular, it'll show up in Gallery in the album "Finicular".

Start making folders - you can start in DCIM/Camera, or anywhere else you want - with the names of the albums you want the pictures in. Then, using a file manager (Total Commander would probably be best for this, because in landscape mode you can have the folder the pictures are going into on one side and the pictures on the other side, and just drag them across. [Copy, don't move. If a copy goes bad you still have the original. If a move goes bad (it's really a copy, then a delete), you can lose them both.])

When you take new pictures, you can change the destination every time you're in a new place, or you can just take the pictues, then when you get back to the hotel that night, sitting around talking to the other tourists in the group, you can move the pictures to the folders you want them in and make everyone think you're a technogeek.

2) APD TimeStamp will time and date stamp the picture after you take it (any time after you take it - even weeks later - it makes a new picture with the time and date the picture was taken on the new picture). Open Camera, which is a better camera app than the stock one, has a setting to put the location and/or the time and date on the picture as you take it. (IIRC, the location is just the GPS location.)

BTW, if you can't remember the day FDR died, I'm more senior than you are. (Or just have a better memory.)
    03-04-2015 01:22 AM
    Over is an interesting app as well.
    Rukbat likes this.
    03-04-2015 01:39 AM
    I missed that one. Now if there were a free one (I try to not post links to paid apps - many people can't afford 99 cents for an app.) And, of course, if you have Note, you can look at the picture full screen, write on it and screen shot it.
    03-04-2015 02:11 AM