My Nexus 4 is not responding/freezing.

A

AC Question

To expand - Whenever I try to access anything I get a message that says "launcher not responding," "google+ not responding", "messenger not responding", etc. and then cannot access anything on the phone. A couple of days ago the image on the screen started freezing and then kind of splitting. Next I noticed when trying to call someone my mic was muted and I couldn't unmute. Then some texts didn't send. Finally I started getting the messages above. The message comes up in a little white box and has the options "Report", "Wait", and "Close" but none of them do anything. All I can do is power off and restart at which point the problem happens again within a few minutes. Any help?
Thank you

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
In the first instance, try Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache.

Let us know if that doesn't work....a Factory Reset may be indicated.

Posted via the Android Central App

charcarr1

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for trying to help. Now I can open some apps - like facebook, Kindle, etc. but if ever I try to open something related to google - maps, dialler, photos, etc. - I just get a plain white screen. I can leave that screen and go back to my homescreen but if I stay I get the 'not responding' message again.

charcarr1

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Any suggestion on what to do next? I think I may have replied to the my comment instead of yours before. I'll repost.

thanks for trying to help. Now I can open some apps - like facebook, Kindle, etc. but if ever I try to open something related to google - maps, dialler, photos, etc. - I just get a plain white screen. I can leave that screen and go back to my homescreen but if I stay I get the 'not responding' message again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781