Could I have damaged my Samsung Galaxy Tab with the S book cover?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy Tab S book cover

I just bought my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with a book cover. As you probably know, you are supposed to align your tablet so that the magnets "snap" on to your tablet for it to remain on the cover. The problem is that this proved to be a bit difficult for me as it required that you pushed the tablet with your thumbs. I could not get it right the first time, and since it required some hard pushing, I am worried that I have damaged my tablet.

Is this a valid concern? There is absolutely no visible evidence that there is any damage. I tend to be paranoid with these things...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab S book cover

Welcome to Android Central! I doubt you damaged anything just by pressing hard. Did you hear anything crack or break? Is the tablet otherwise working ok? The buttons all seem fine?

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab S book cover

I just bought my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 with a book cover. As you probably know, you are supposed to align your tablet so that the magnets "snap" on to your tablet for it to remain on the cover. The problem is that this proved to be a bit difficult for me as it required that you pushed the tablet with your thumbs. I could not get it right the first time, and since it required some hard pushing, I am worried that I have damaged my tablet.

Is this a valid concern? There is absolutely no visible evidence that there is any damage. I tend to be paranoid with these things...

Highly doubtful, unless you used a hammer or something, lol. I had the same worry as you when I installed the book cover on my Tab S 10.5. One side was much more difficult to snap in than the other side, and I had to press really hard to get it to snap in.

On a side note though, I ended up returning the cover, because I didn't feel that it really offered adequate protection, since there was no protection for the back of the tablet (I got it in the bronze to match my tablet, and it looked great). I ordered a nice side flip case from Amazon with good ratings and all-over protection. I'm happy with it so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21