My phone is password locked because of an Exchange account. For every notification (I get many emails per day) I have to unlock the phone and input the password just to see if that email is for me or not.

How will the Moto 360 work in this scenario? Will it display the notifications as usual or will I have to type a password somewhere to see them?

I basically want to know if I'll be able to see (not only an icon but some content like an email's sender, subject, part of the body) and dismiss the notification from the watch (and from the phone) without touching the password locked phone.

Please note that I don't actually need to be able to read the email, I only want to know if it's worth unlocking the phone to read it.

Thanks
    03-04-2015 09:58 AM
    It depends on the app.

For instance, GMail, will display the notification and allow you to read the whole message body, reply, and/or delete the message. Same thing for SMS if you're using Hangouts. With the stock e-mail app from Samsung, however, if it's only one e-mail waiting for you in your Inbox, you can see a small preview of the message, but if it's multiple messages, you'll only see the subject lines and senders. Facebook, similarly, will only display that you have a notification, but not the actual content of it. In all of them, if you select the OPEN ON PHONE option, the watch will prompt the app to open on the phone, but you won't see it unless you unlock your phone.
    03-04-2015 11:52 AM