Samsung S5 battery is dead within hours, please help?!

A

AC Question

I have a samsung s5 and my battery used to work great. I used to run Iheart while i was showering/getting ready in the morning, use facebook, talk, text and my battery went all day and night until 8 or 9pm then i would charge it. Then I downloaded the clean master for my phone which then prompted me to download the battery doctor which i did. I felt like they weren't doing anything for my phone. it actually seemed like the battery was dying faster now so i uninstalled both. well now my phone is dying super fast. Like I took it off the charger at 6:20am and within 5 mins it dropped to 95 %. By 10:30 it was at 15% and I hadn't used the phone once. this is not like my phone. I checked the settings of my battery & nothing really jumped out except the mobile network signal (not sure what that is) Please help I don't know whats going on.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah, Clean Master... not a great idea. Not sure why Samsung will include it on the S6 :(
A few things you could do is check your running processes. Is there anything else that Clean Master might have installed that wasn't discarded properly? What's your 'top' battery muncher?

Also, the Facebook app has been really buggy lately, try disabling that one for a bit and see if it improves.