I'm getting message repeatedly that storage space is running out. I added an SD card, but don't know how to access it or move items to it to free up storage on my galaxy5s active
    03-04-2015 04:59 PM
    Plug the phone into your PC or laptop. It'll appear as a new drive. Go into that drive and you should see 2 folders, Card and Phone. Open them both in separate windows.

In the Phone folder, find the DCIM folder. Your pictures are probably in the folders in there.

In the Card folder, you can create a folder structure for your pictures. The name of the folder a picture is in will be the name of the "album" it appears in in apps like Gallery and Pictures. So if you went to Disney World, in the Pictures folder you created, create a DisneyWorld folder and put all the Disney World pictures in there.

To move the pictures, just grab them from where they are in the Phone folder and drag them to where you want them in the Card folder. Once you make sure they're actually in the card folder you put them in (open them to see if they're there), you can delete them from the Phone folder. Or you can restart your phone, then look in Gallery or Pictures. (You should have 2 copies of every picture you dragged over.) Then you can delete the originals.

It might be a good idea, while you're doing this, to drag the entire DCIM folder from the Phone folder to some place on your hard drive, as a backup.
    03-04-2015 05:33 PM
    Why the hell l am supposed to connect the device to pc every time l wish to move data from internal memory to sd card?
    This is very unfortunate. This is very basic function One plus X is not having. Also the phone should provide function of default memory to be used memory card or internal storage. In next update this problem should be sorted out. Gallery function should be provided like other devices. Its quite difficult to search required file or photos.
    Rest is good.
    02-12-2016 03:20 AM
    You do not have to use a pc, you can use a file manager app to transfer the data you want from the internal memory to the SD card.
    02-12-2016 04:11 AM
    Sir's,
    Can I move data from internal memory to SD card in OneplusX mobile
    02-20-2017 01:37 PM
    Sir's,
    Can I move data from internal memory to SD card in OneplusX mobile
    Welcome to Android Central.

Yes, you can move any media and downloaded files (music, photos, video, documents etc). If you don't use a pc or have difficulty connecting it, you can use a file manager app such as the recommended Total Commander or Solid Explorer apps from the Play Store.
    02-20-2017 02:18 PM